People and businesses across East Devon are responding with amazing energy, creativity and community spirit to the challenges we face. While we must look after our own health and that of loved ones, among our community there will be those vulnerable and in real need of material and psychological support, particularly during isolation at home.
The latest list of community responses across East Devon can be found below. If you are involved in a group and want to add it to the list below, please email email@example.com.
If you are involved in a group, I'd urge you to read the guidance on how to stay safe and help in your community by clicking here
I would also recommend registering on East Devon District Council website if you need support on for urgent deliveries of food or medicines while at staying at home: https://eddc-self.achieveservice.com/service/Request_for_Community_Support___Individuals
The links provided below will re-direct to third party websites. I cannot guarantee the veracity of information contained within them so please exercise your own due-diligence and best judgement when using the help on offer. Thank you.
Exmouth Mutual Aid Covid-19
If you are self-isolating & need help with errands please call 07494 462057 (9am-5pm, 7 days/week) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also interact with team via Facebook - https://facebook.com/groups/197458401530661…
Exmouth Community Larder
Exmouth Community Larder is a local food bank distributing emergency food supplies - Email email@example.com or call 07749 322291.
Open Door Centre Exmouth
For the Open Door Centre, phones and email Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm so if people need support, they can get in touch. They will do their best to help, either themselves, or with signposting - delivering food and toiletries, deliveries running Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons. Please call 01395 224218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tri-hards Community Fitness & Wellbeing Group
Tri-hards are local Facebook groups for mental and psychological support by encouraging local physical activity. Visit (for men) https://www.facebook.com/groups/trihardsgentsexmouth/ or visit (for women) https://www.facebook.com/groups/trihardsladiesexmouth/
Exmouth and District Community Transport Group
Exmouth and District Community Transport Group is running its Ring and Ride service for Shopping as per the timetable on www.exmouthringandride.org.uk . They can collect shopping from the usual destination if they are doing ‘Click and Collect’ but some supermarkets have canceled these. Please ring the day before or if a regular passenger book the day you wish to travel. They are working and wish to help where they can. Tel: 01395 266662.
Budleigh Coronavirus Support
For those that are unable to leave their home a group of volunteers is available to fetch shopping or prescriptions and for those facing financial difficulties the group may be able to pay towards some of your shopping. If you require help please contact the surgery in Budleigh, 01395 446896 or visit http://www.budleighsupport.co.uk/
Budleigh Salterton Lions Club is part of a group of organisations in Budleigh and surrounding villages who are offering to help and provide support in the current pandemic. Again, telephone 01395 441212 if you are from the Budleigh area.
Contact Jeff Russell on 07498714870 or 01395282853 to join email list. Currently taking expressions of interest and gauging who can help volunteer.
Exton Village Events Committee
Please contact Deborah Kearey on email@example.com . They have sent an email out to the villagers asking for volunteers and have had a great response. About 25 people. They are putting together a leaflet which will be distributed to every household in the village giving telephone and email details of who in their immediate area will be able to help them. This should all be in place by the weekend of the 21/22 March.
The Friends of Woodbury Surgery
The Friends of Woodbury Surgery are coordinating a lot of support. Visit the local Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2044905342233923/ or telephone 01395 206123 and leave a message. The volunteers can help with picking up shopping or prescriptions, positing items, urgent supplies, and even friendly phone calls.
Woodbury Salterton Friends, Neighbours and Others
Offering support to all those in Woodbury Salterton. The focus of the group is helping those who help others because we are aware that you may be worried about who would help your vulnerable neighbour/friend if you were to become ill. 01395 232328 – Debbie Jung or 01395 232463 – Gill Bricknell or 07890757622 – Heidi Jeffery. Call the numbers above and we will be able to help you out with essential supplies however small, if you are in isolation. If you would just like a chat pick up the phone, we would love to hear from you. If you are on Facebook keep in touch with Woodbury Community Matters or WSRA Community Page they have lots of good information on there. If you would like to be added to a community email list, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sid Valley Help has over 40 volunteers offering services including dog walking, shopping, collecting prescriptions and regular catch-up calls. Please contact 01395 892011 or 07378 964521 to be connected to a volunteer.
- Sidmouth Voluntary Services are offering support to residents self-isolating. They are providing a meal delivery service, help with shopping. Please email email@example.com or call 01395 515063.
- Woolbrook News Delivery Service - ring 01395 514224 before 11am for same day delivery Monday - Saturday (£1.25 in the Sid Valley).
- Spar Delivery Service (Temple Street, Sidmouth) - ring 01395 513008 9am to 4pm (service available every day).
- The Dairy Shop, Sidmouth - ring 01395 513018 (free delivery on orders over £10 payment by card over the phone - town centre deliveries only).
- Kings Garden & Leisure - ring 01395 262278 for free local home deliveries (farm shop produce, pet supplies, plants etc).
- The Balfour Arms - ring Deborah Bennett 07900 200327 for delivery of meals, shopping etc.
- The Courtyard, Sidmouth - ring 01395 577553 for delivery of hot & cold food + extra items (small delivery charge).
- Hayman's Butchers - Delivery service for meat, pies, and meals - 01395 512877.
- Market Fish - Free home delivery for Sidmouth, Sidford, Sidbury and Newton Poppleford between Tuesday and Friday - 01395 577342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Clock Tower, Sidmouth – Now open daily from 10am for takeaway and offering free delivery of freshly prepared meals to your door; treats, drinks & cakes too. https://www.clocktowersidmouth.com/home-deliveries or call 01395 515319 to order. Most East Devon areas covered.
- FEAST - hot food; gourmet burgers and fish & chips, for delivery or collection. Wed – Sun nights 5pm - 9pm. https://feast-fest.com/ or call 07522 042938.
Drews of Sidbury
Drews is offering to help deliver shopping to those unable to get out and about. Volunteers are also needed to help with the deliveries. Please call 01395 597373 to access services or volunteer.
The Red Lion Inn Sidbury
The Red Lion is offering daily Tesco runs for anyone that may need it due to isolation, illness or transport issues. Please call, email or message through their local Facebook page. If you do not have Facebook, telephone 01395 597313 or email email@example.com . They are also operating a take away and delivery service Friday and Saturday evenings (6-9pm) with a limited menu.
Branscombe Coronavirus Support Network
Full details here: https://sidmouth.nub.news/n/branscombes-spirit-of-community-from-dog-tails-to-coronavirus-a-village-takes-challenges-head-on. Contact Ross Willmington on 01297 553180, a warden at the local St Winifred’s church.
OTTERY ST MARY
Ottery St Mary Volunteers
Ottery St Mary Volunteers has been set up to coordinate support in the area, please visit their Facebook group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OSMCV/ or call 01404 600013 / email Help@online.ottery
West Hill Parish Council Help Scheme
The Parish Council will be the focal point of communication, full details of help on offer is here: https://www.westhillparishcouncil.gov.uk/coronavirus-help-and-guidance-available. Contact the Parish Clerk, Anne Oliver, on 01404 232 100 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Otterton Parish Council has established a network of volunteers. John Hiles is the coordinator. Contact 07468 429264 or CV19Otterton@gmail.com
Woods Village Shop
Jeremy Woods, the owner of Woods Village shop has confirmed he will be offering free deliveries to the local community. Call 01395 568406 or visit http://www.woodsvillageshop.co.uk/
EAST EXETER - BROADFIELDS
Broadfields Local Community
The local community has setup a Facebook group for the residents offering support. The boundaries for the general 'Broadfields' area are Honiton Road to the north, Rifford Road to the West, Ludwell Lane to the south and Rydon Lane to the east. Find out more details here https://www.facebook.com/groups/BroadfieldsLC/
Broadclyst Parish Council
Broadclyst Parish Council are coordinating a volunteer ‘buddy scheme’ to support those who are self-isolating. They are covering the whole parish so are looking for volunteers and taking requests for help from the following areas: Beare, Blackhorse, Broadclyst Station, Broadclyst village, Budlake, Columnjohn, Crannaford, Hele, Killerton, Longmeadow, Saundercroft/Southbrook Lane, Tithebarn, Westclyst, Westwood/Ashclyst. Full details and contact information here: https://www.broadclyst.org/community/coronavirus
Various, including Cranbrook Town Council
Cranbrook Town Council is currently working together with Exeter Food Bank for Cranbrook. Should you need assistance with food please refer by contacting:
- Local Schools: Contact your family Liaison worker at St Martins or the Education Campus via email the school emails.
- Community Development Worker: email@example.com
- Cornerstone Church Cranbrook: 07845736420 (text is best) firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornerstone Church Cranbrook are coordinating medicine and local deliveries. There is a team of volunteer drivers who are DBS checked. This service is for vulnerable residents only or people with underlying health conditions.
- For food deliveries (not food bank) please contact the Cornerstone Cranbrook church: 07845736420 (text is best) email@example.com
- For general information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cranbrook Community Association are coordinating volunteering by street names in Cranbrook. Please see Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/cranbrookcommunityassociation/ and follow instructions for cards to assist any vulnerable residents on your street.